Revlon Colourstay- Is it worth the hype?

Hi everyone! Recently my L'Oreal foundation ran out and although I do really like it I was on the hunt for a new one (I love trying out new products haha). I was in Superdrug for absolutely ages testing out different foundations and after reading so many reviews on it, I decided to purchase the Revlon Colourstay 24hr Foundation.

First I have to say that although this is a drugstore foundation it is a slightly higher price than most (which retail from around £5.99-8.99) being £12.49. If you want to purchase it, buy it now because it's on offer for £9.49.
So moving onto the review, overall I do like this foundation a lot, however there are a few things which I don't like. For instance, although I don't think many people have this problem I find that after a couple of hours it begins to get flaky around the drier part of the face, such as around the nose and eyes. It is noticeable, and therefore I think you definitely would need a primer underneath or just don't apply it on the dry areas. Another thing which I really dislike (and I think many people will agree with me here) is that the bottle doesn't come with a pump, so you have to pour the foundation out instead of using the pump. This usually means that way too much comes out and there is so much wastage.

Now that I have that out of the way, I do like the foundation quite a lot. The coverage is supposed to be very high, however I find that it is more of a medium coverage. It is very light-weight on your skin so it doesn't feel cakey which is a massive advantage, and it looks very natural. It covers blemishes really well and evens out the skin tone massively.

Overall I would recommend this product a lot. As I said there are a few disadvantages to the product, however this foundation is for Combination/Oily skin and my skin is normal, so I might get the dryness because I don't have oily skin, and the overall result of the foundation is good. It also doesn't break me out which is obviously a big advantage!

Alex :)

Comments

Popular Posts