Updated Hair Care Routine / Tips for Healthy Hair!

Hi guys! Today I thought I'd share with you my hair care routine. In no way do I think my hair's great, however personally I'd say it's pretty healthy. Let's get started! :)


Tips!

1. When brushing my hair, I always use a paddle brush. I don't like any other brushes personally as I feel like they really tug on my hair, however paddle brushes seem to be really gentle yet untangle your hair really well. 

2. I always make sure I never brush through wet hair. I used to use a wide-tooth comb, however I find brushing my hair when it's wet quite painful and it's just a lot of hassle.

3. Only wash your hair when you need to. I know so many people that wash their hair every day and it's un-necessary. Unless you have really oily hair that does need washing everyday, try and do it only every other day as your hair needs to produce natural oils.

4. Try not to use too much heat on your hair. I know this one is always talked about but it helps your hair massively. Believe me, I know the struggle, but make sure if you do to use heat protectant! (I recommend the Tresemme heat protectant!)

Hair Care Routine!

When I wash my hair, I use the Tresemme Colour Protect shampoo and conditioner. As I dye my hair I have to use this shampoo or else it fades, however I recommend VO5 for those of you that don't dye it! :)

After I wash my hair I apply Moroccan oil to the ends if I'm going to be using heat on it. This ensures that your hair still feels soft after you use heat rather than really damaged.

If I'm not going to be using heat on my hair, I'll apply the Aussie damaged hair leave-in conditioner. I love the smell of Aussie products and it makes my hair really soft! :)

I won't blow dry my hair often, but if I do I'll also apply a heat protectant. I love the Tresemme one as it's an all round product rather than buying individual sprays for different tools. Next I'll blow dry my hair.

After my hair's dry I will brush it to get out any tangles. If I'm going to be curling/straightening it I'll re-apply the heat protectant, but I don't normally use too much heat anyway. :)

So that's it for today's post, leave a comment down below telling me your hair care routine! Lots of love, Alex xx


Comments

Post a Comment

Thankyou so much for taking time to comment on my posts. It always makes my day to see your feedback! I will reply as soon as I can :-)

Popular Posts